Maintaining a natural lawn can be challenging, especially in a hot climate region like Arizona. During summers, temperatures can reach up to 120°F (48.9°C), with prolonged dry spells makes it impossible to grow natural grass.
With artificial grass, you don’t have to worry about the grass melting or discoloring due to scorching heat and UV rays. Artificial turf will help you maintain a natural lawn throughout the year and enhance the look of your living space in this dry, barren region.
Selecting appropriate fake grass according to your climate can be a tough decision, with so many options available in the market. As not all synthetic turf products are built to withstand such high temperatures. As a result, grass blades will melt.
But don’t worry; as a result of our team’s lengthy research, we have compiled a list of the best artificial grass for Arizona heat that will help you choose the turf that is not only UV stabilized but also designed to maintain its look in extreme heat.
- Reviews of Best Artificial Grass for Arizona Heat 2022
- 1. Artificial Grass Wholesalers Synthetic Grass
- 2. iCustomRug Thick Synthetic Grass
- 3. PetGrow Artificial Grass
- 4. GL Artificial Grass Turf
- 5. ALTRUISTIC Premium Artificial Grass
- Buyer’s Guide – Finding the Best Artificial Grass for Arizona Heat
- Thickness of the Turf Blades
- Color of the Turf
- Type of Backing
- Density of the Turf
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Does artificial turf get hot in Arizona?
- How long does artificial grass last in Arizona?
- How hot does artificial turf get in Phoenix?
- How do you keep turf cool in Arizona?
Reviews of Best Artificial Grass for Arizona Heat 2022
Here are the top 5 best options for those of you living in a hot climate region like Arizona.
|Artificial Grass Wholesalers|
|iCustomRug Thick Turf Rugs|
|PetGrow Synthetic Grass|
Best Heat Resistant Turf
|Goasis Lawn Artificial Grass|
Artificial Turf that stays Cool
|ALTRUISTIC Green Fake Grass|
1. Artificial Grass Wholesalers Synthetic Grass
If you are searching for artificial grass that can survive the extreme temperature of Arizona, then this Artificial Turf from Artificial Grass wholesalers is the best choice for you.
It is made from thatch composition, which is suitable for heavy usage areas and areas that come under extreme heat. Each blade has color variations that give a natural look and make it easy to blend with the surrounding environment.
The Pile height of this grass is 2″, which gives the lush natural look when applied outdoor. With this blade height, you don’t need infill with this grass. Its UV protected and provides extreme protection against snow and intense sunlight.
With 30 days return policy and 15 years warranty, maximum money-back guarantee by any artificial grass manufacturer. It has an excellent drainage system in case you are planning to use its areas other than Arizona.
All these features make this Synthetic grass from Artificial grass wholesalers the best artificial grass for Arizona heat.
- Pile height of 2" with super soft texture that eliminates the need for any infill material.
- With its thatch composition, this soft grass is designed for maximum comfort and is able to withstand heavy traffic.
- Designed specifically for large areas, like lawns and yards.
- 15 Years Warranty
- Only available in large sizes.
- There is a little too much shine on artificial turf surface.
2. iCustomRug Thick Synthetic Grass
iCustomRug is the best option in artificial grass if you live in a hot climate region like Arizona and want to decorate your patio, pool area, or deckings.
Its made from 100% Olefin synthetic material, which is 100% UV stabilized and provides two years of fade warranty and extremely resistant against high temperatures such as Arizona. There is no worry of grass getting melted in extreme temperatures.
Blade height is 1.25″ which gives perfect trimmed down look to cover outer decking. With excellent drainage holes at the bottom, cleaning this grass is very simple with just simple hose.
This artificial grass from iCustomRug is Pet Friendly.
- Rug binding tape prevents fraying and gives the turf an authentic appearance.
- It comes with a two year fade warranty.
- Stain-resistant and easy to clean.
- Due to its UV stability, it is suitable for areas exposed to direct sunlight.
- Less Suitable for large areas like lawns yards.
- Besides being thin and flat, this artificial turf is surrounded by a rug border.
3. PetGrow Artificial Grass
This thick Artificial grass from PetGrow is best suited for both indoor and outdoor environments. This High-Density Grass maintains its appearance in a high-temperature environment.
The pile height of 1.37″ with Wit289-tone color gives dense natural thatch look, which makes it look like natural grass.
This artificial grass is made from ultra quality synthetic yarns such as polypropylene and polyethylene, which gives this grass extra durability and protection against high usage and harsh environments.
It has rubber backing with a hole at the back that gives an excellent drainage system, and it can be dry quickly.
This artificial grass from Petgrow comes with 10 years warranty and 315 day return policy.
- It has the same appearance and texture as real grass.
- Cleaning is made easy thanks to the multiple layers of backing that have holes for vertical drainage.
- You can also cut this turf to any desired size or shape without causing any fraying.
- The price is a bit high (but the quality justifies it).
- Regular deodorization is necessary.
4. GL Artificial Grass Turf
GL Artificial Grass is made from a high quality synthetic material designed to withstand high temperatures in Arizona.
You can use it both indoors and outdoors, for example, in yards, playgrounds, gardens, and patios. It can withstand extreme heat, so it is perfect for outdoor use. Thanks to UV resistance fibers, this turf will keep its luscious green appearance regardless of weather conditions.
It is also anti-slip and fire-resistant, which can prove useful if you use it alongside the pool or host occasional barbecue parties.
Various size options are available, so you can find the right one for your space. If you need to join pieces, be sure to do so carefully, as this turf is woven in straight lines.
It looks patchy when the weave lines are laid one way and another at different angles.
It’s effortless to maintain your lawn with a built-in drainage system. You only have to hose it down, and you won’t see any standing water.
- Built-in excellent drainage system.
- Easy to clean with a simple hose.
- UV resistance fibers.
- Anti-slip & Fire-resistant.
- Requires regular fluffing as grass blades are thin.
- Grass creases are challenging to get rid of.
- Joins are difficult to hide.
5. ALTRUISTIC Premium Artificial Grass
Looking for synthetic grass that can handle any weather condition? Look no further than Altruistic Premium Artificial Grass.
A UV-resistant polyethylene and polypropylene yarn is used for the construction of altruistic artificial turf. It is 70 oz per square yard, ensuring an extremely high density.
Altruistic Premium artificial grass is non-toxic and will not melt, making it perfect for those hot Arizona summers.
With a blade height of close to 1 3/8″, this artificial grass will give your lawn that well-manicured look.
- A 30-day return policy is included with a 10-year warranty.
- With customized artificial grass sizes, you won't need to join the pieces.
- A four-tone green shade gives this artificial turf a realistic appearance.
- Strong latex backing with an excellent drainage system makes cleaning this artificial turf an easy task.
- If you have pets, the turf will need to be cleaned regularly.
- There is variation in grass color shade among different rolls.
Buyer’s Guide – Finding the Best Artificial Grass for Arizona Heat
Choosing the best artificial grass for your Arizona home can be a daunting task. This section will help you in choosing artificial turf that can withstand the extreme temperatures of Arizona summers.
It will assist you in establishing criteria to apply while evaluating your top options. When it comes to fake grass, not everyone is searching for the same features.
From our experience, it’s always worth it to break down exactly what you’re searching for. Some things to consider are thickness, color, backing, density, and warranty.
Thickness of the Turf Blades
It is important to know the difference in quality between turf blades. Thinner ones will break more easily when exposed at higher temperatures, but thicker blade material ensures that they hold up better during hot weather conditions
Color of the Turf
The color of your turf will affect how much it absorbs. For a cooler feel, choose lighter shades that reflect more light and give off less heat than dark colors do!
Type of Backing
Some backings are more heat-resistant than others. If you’re looking for the best possible heat resistance, choose a turf with a polyurethane backing. Polyethylene backing is more durable and heat resistant than polypropylene.
Density of the Turf
The density of your turf will dictate how well it withstands foot traffic and wear-and tear. More densely packed turfs are better for standing up against such conditions, as they’re more resilient than lighter or sparser grasses that may be damaged easily by human contact (though this varies depending on the type).
Before making a purchase, double-check the small print for any warranty restrictions. If the grass is put in a location with high temperatures, several companies will void their warranties.
Keep these factors in mind and you’ll be sure to find an artificial grass that can withstand even the hottest Arizona summers.
Once you’ve got it up and running, the rest is easy: just keep it cool!
Getting Artificial grass is a long term investment, and with such extreme temperatures in Arizona, one should install artificial turf that can withstand such temperatures without getting melted or fading.
If you are looking to install artificial grass for your lawn, backyard, or any other large area that comes under direct sunlight, then new Artificial Grass Turf by Artificial grass wholesaler is the best option.
However, if you wish to decorate your outdoor patio, deck, or pool area and want to make sure that it survives such heat, then look no further than iCustomRug.
You can also check for Best Artificial Grass reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does artificial turf get hot in Arizona?
Yes, artificial turf can get quite hot in Arizona. However, it appears that the surface temperature of artificial turf does not get nearly as hot as natural grass.
This is likely because artificial turf is made of synthetic materials that do not conduct heat as well as natural grass. As a result, artificial turf stays cooler under the sun’s blazing rays.
How long does artificial grass last in Arizona?
The extreme heat in the Arizona region can be very damaging to artificial grass and can significantly reduce its lifespan. The hotter it gets, the quicker the turf will show signs of wear and tear.
Artificial grass can last 15 years or more in cooler climates, but its lifespan can be drastically reduced in hotter climates. For example, in Phoenix, AZ, artificial grass may only last for around 5-10 years due to the intense heat and UV radiation.
How hot does artificial turf get in Phoenix?
In Phoenix, the average surface temperature of artificial grass can get up to 160 degrees Fahrenheit on a hot day.
This can be very dangerous for people and pets that come into contact with it, so it is important to be aware of these dangers before heading out into the heat.
How do you keep turf cool in Arizona?
There are a few ways to keep artificial turf cool in Arizona. One way is to water the turf often, which will help to keep the surface temperature down.
You may also use a sprinkler to spray water on the artificial turf regularly.
Finally, you can add a cooling system under the turf to decrease the surface temperature.